TEACHER'S COPY - MAY COPY PAGE 2 FOR YOUR STUDENTS
Identification and Discussion Questions
1. Why do you think playing on the road was so much harder than playing at home?
(Their base of support was gone; they had only themselves and each other, not their friends and family; their living conditions were not as good as being at home.)
2. If you had been Billy's brother would you have been glad to see him? Why, why not?
3. Name some personality traits of Billy.
(creative, likeable, realistic about his abilities, adventurous, cooperative, adaptable, talented)
4. Billy's success in music came about because of talent and a plan. Do you think those two requirements must be met for anyone to be successful? Are they sufficient for success?
5. How did the form of Faith Moon's advice differ in this story than in the previous stories?
(It rhymed and the lines were more uniform; more like music)
How does the picture on page 65 relate to this story?
Just for Today
In the first paragraph, Billy used positive self-talk to make himself feel better about his situation ("...at least he had a warm place to sleep and good food to eat").
Today, use positive self-talk to make yourself feel better and to remind yourself that there are positives in your life. Note if this self-talk makes a difference both in how the day goes and how you feel about what happens and yourself.