TEACHER'S COPY - MAY COPY PAGE 2 FOR YOUR STUDENTS
Identification and Discussion Questions
1. While reading the story aloud, stop just before Mother Moon speaks and ask students to predict what she will say.
(Hopefully, they will identify the theme of change.)
2. Identify the two examples of word usage similar to those used in fairy tales.
(Once on a modern time; live happily ever after)
3. What is the purpose of the vee that Mother Moon says is served by its formation?
4. What valuable life lessons can be learned from geese flying in formation?
5. What changes have happened in your life in the last year, month, week that you don't like?
(Reference the line, "Everything was changing so quickly and George did not like it.")
6. What are some examples that show "life is change, change is life?"
7. Which is more important acts or goals?
(reference the line, "At times, this may require a focus on our acts not on our goal.")
How did George "learn" her name?
(He learned her name was Faith Moon.)
What is meant by "the name fit her?"
(Somehow the name fit her.)
How does the picture on page 9 relate to this story?
Just for Today
What is your goal? What acts will you need to perform to achieve this goal?
Count blessings (He tried counting his blessings.)
Count on (... he couldn't count on them to help...)