TEACHER'S COPY - MAY COPY PAGE 2 FOR YOUR STUDENTS
Identification and Discussion Questions
1. Were you surprised that Faith Moon died? Why or why not?
2. Who offered to help Mother Moon financially? Where have we met him before?
(Mr. Thomas from "Mr. Thomas and Mr. O'Hare")
3. Were you surprised that Faith had a daughter? Does that fact change your image of her? Why or why not?
4. What simile did Moon use to describe her life?
(a seed planter after a brush fire)
5. People who received an item from Faith's estate felt special. What does this say about Faith and the life she had lived?
(The people valued and respected Faith. She had lived a life concerned with helping them and the world in which they lived.)
6. What did the people think was a miracle?
(A lily bloomed where nothing had grown before.)
How does the picture on page 95 relate to this story?
Just for Today
Think about what you do and say determines how others react to you. Make a list of your personality traits that are positive. Make a list of traits that you need to work on.
Example - Positive: I try to be friendly to everyone not just friends.
Example - Need Improvement: I will try to be more patient with my brother.